Spring is the season for getting things done outside! It’s time to organize the garage, wash the car, plant flowers, vamp up the lawn, and, who knows, maybe do a little barbecuing too! Many of your outdoor activities this spring will mean utilizing your outdoor plumbing, so our Lafayette plumbing contractors believe there is no better time for a little outdoor plumbing maintenance than springtime! Our checklist will help you to get started!
Lafayette Outdoor Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
- Clear out the gutters. Sure, we all wish our gutters were self-cleaning, but the fact is they’re not. Gutters get clogged up with plants and all kinds of muck, and unfortunately, a clogged gutter can prevent rainwater from draining properly. To prevent an unsightly pool of water next to your house, get up there and show that muck who’s the boss of your house!
- Check for water leaks outdoors. A dripping faucet or hose bib is an unwelcome hand in your wallet. Conserve water and save money by getting water leaks taken care of immediately.
- Inspect your plumbing vent pipes. Confused little birds think vent pipes are a great place to build a nest. Unfortunately, bird nests or other debris can clog up your plumbing vent pipes and leave your plumbing fixtures draining at a snail’s pace.
- Clear out yard drains. Over the winter season, plants and other debris can get caught up on your yard drain. Of course, you want your yard to drain properly, so banishing this rubbish is a must!
- Pay a visit to your outdoor kitchen. Make sure sink drains are draining quickly and gas lines have not become damaged over the winter. When it comes time for that big family barbecue, you don’t want any trouble! For drain cleaning or gas line repairs, give Pipes & Plugs a call.
At Pipes & Plugs, we believe the first step to getting things done is knowing what to do, and we hope this spring outdoor plumbing checklist helps get you started. For residential or commercial plumbing service in Lafayette, New Iberia, or Abbeville, Pipes & Plugs is here for you!